Yesterday I visited the spice plantation in ponda. Kashew and a bunch of other indian spices are a big deal here, brought over by the portuguese. For the equivalent of 8 bucks we had a 45 min tour of the demo plantation and a solid Indian lunch. Was worth it but just SO far.
Figure 1: My Indian guide tour, she seemed quite serious but she was nice. She was talking about a
chilli that was so hot, 1000 times more than normal chilli.. I said "give it to me I'll eat it!" and grabbed it from her hand, she lost it! But thought it was funny when she got that I was kidding.
Figure 2: Me attempting to bite a cinnamon tree, when you scratch the bark it smells great!.
After I was able to squeeze in an Indian cooking class. Mokti's class. The class had great reviews and initially they were "full" but I got a call saying a spot opened up. For about 30 bucks.. it might have been worth it because I did have dinner taken care of. But there was no great explanation. But I would feel confident to get ingredients to create a solid chicken curry, prawn masala, aloo gobi, and chaptai. I got my first episode of the runs... I blame it on the chicken that was left out... DAMN YOU MOKTI! Fortunately it resolved within 24 hrs, so I didn't take my azithromycin.
Late night was rough, a Canadian had recommended an "awesome" place in anjuna beach. After carrying all my stuff, refusing super expensive taxis, I arrived... it was full of a bunch of hippies and was almost like camping... #I'mAFairyPrincess. So I settled on some other place which had air conditioning but that was the only positive side.
Figure 1: My Indian guide tour, she seemed quite serious but she was nice. She was talking about a
chilli that was so hot, 1000 times more than normal chilli.. I said "give it to me I'll eat it!" and grabbed it from her hand, she lost it! But thought it was funny when she got that I was kidding.
Figure 2: Me attempting to bite a cinnamon tree, when you scratch the bark it smells great!.
After I was able to squeeze in an Indian cooking class. Mokti's class. The class had great reviews and initially they were "full" but I got a call saying a spot opened up. For about 30 bucks.. it might have been worth it because I did have dinner taken care of. But there was no great explanation. But I would feel confident to get ingredients to create a solid chicken curry, prawn masala, aloo gobi, and chaptai. I got my first episode of the runs... I blame it on the chicken that was left out... DAMN YOU MOKTI! Fortunately it resolved within 24 hrs, so I didn't take my azithromycin.
Late night was rough, a Canadian had recommended an "awesome" place in anjuna beach. After carrying all my stuff, refusing super expensive taxis, I arrived... it was full of a bunch of hippies and was almost like camping... #I'mAFairyPrincess. So I settled on some other place which had air conditioning but that was the only positive side.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOn the bristol stool sample scale, out of 7, what kind of stool are you having today?
ReplyDelete